Friday, July 31, 2009
To realize the value of one year: Ask a student who has failed a final exam.
To realize the value of one month: Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.
To realize the value of one week: Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize the value of one hour: Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of one minute: Ask the person who has missed the train, bus or plane.
To realize the value of one second: Ask a person who has survived an accident.
To realize the value of one millisecond: Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.
but have we ever stopped to Realize the VALUE OF OUR LIFE?
Ask me or anyone who has lost their dear ones. It is an excruciating Pain through which you live the rest of your life. But I guess once you realize that you aren't immortal, you learn to live life in a more simple and meaningful way.
I for one, have had very deep suicidal intentions for most part of my early years. But now I consider it a SIN. Try to understand the minute you are born, you are walking towards death. It can strike you anytime, any day! You should know what a precious gift life is to us and make a meaningful life, so that you don't regret on your deathbed.
I just wanted to tell a few things, which might make you at least think if not execute them. So here goes my TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR LIFE!
1) Every Second of your life is precious. - You never know what may hit you tomorrow!
2) Live life the way you want and NOT the way people want to see you. People come and go out of your life all the times. So be original, no use being a copy cat.
3) Love ever, Hate never. After all what is the use of being angry with a friend or foe for long? So Forget and Forgive!!
4) Spread Kindness and Happiness. - Do the best you can, try to make ONE person smile a day and trust me, the feeling is priceless.
5) Never betray or hurt a person intentionally. - Ruining someone else happiness is SICK! So LIVE and LET LIVE!
6) Convey your LOVE TO YOUR LOVED ONES. Don't regret later about not showing your LOVE! If you aren't that good at words, try a HUG or a KISS!
7) Don't fret about your sorrows - it is a part and parcel of life. Else life will become boring, and HEY! by fretting you loose one day of your precious life.
8)Spend as much of time as possible with your loved ones - Life isn't just for running behind money or career. The money and career is for you to enjoy and share with loved ones!
9) Enjoy the simple things in LIFE. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING - When was the last time you counted the stars or viewed a sunset?
10) And Last but not the least LOVE YOURSELF - actually this must have been my first point, if you don't love yourself, the other points are baseless.
LIFE IS A GIFT. Once you loose it, there is no way you can get it back!