Friday, July 31, 2009
To realize the value of one year: Ask a student who has failed a final exam.
To realize the value of one month: Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.
To realize the value of one week: Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize the value of one hour: Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of one minute: Ask the person who has missed the train, bus or plane.
To realize the value of one second: Ask a person who has survived an accident.
To realize the value of one millisecond: Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.
but have we ever stopped to Realize the VALUE OF OUR LIFE?
Ask me or anyone who has lost their dear ones. It is an excruciating Pain through which you live the rest of your life. But I guess once you realize that you aren't immortal, you learn to live life in a more simple and meaningful way.
I for one, have had very deep suicidal intentions for most part of my early years. But now I consider it a SIN. Try to understand the minute you are born, you are walking towards death. It can strike you anytime, any day! You should know what a precious gift life is to us and make a meaningful life, so that you don't regret on your deathbed.
I just wanted to tell a few things, which might make you at least think if not execute them. So here goes my TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR LIFE!
1) Every Second of your life is precious. - You never know what may hit you tomorrow!
2) Live life the way you want and NOT the way people want to see you. People come and go out of your life all the times. So be original, no use being a copy cat.
3) Love ever, Hate never. After all what is the use of being angry with a friend or foe for long? So Forget and Forgive!!
4) Spread Kindness and Happiness. - Do the best you can, try to make ONE person smile a day and trust me, the feeling is priceless.
5) Never betray or hurt a person intentionally. - Ruining someone else happiness is SICK! So LIVE and LET LIVE!
6) Convey your LOVE TO YOUR LOVED ONES. Don't regret later about not showing your LOVE! If you aren't that good at words, try a HUG or a KISS!
7) Don't fret about your sorrows - it is a part and parcel of life. Else life will become boring, and HEY! by fretting you loose one day of your precious life.
8)Spend as much of time as possible with your loved ones - Life isn't just for running behind money or career. The money and career is for you to enjoy and share with loved ones!
9) Enjoy the simple things in LIFE. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING - When was the last time you counted the stars or viewed a sunset?
10) And Last but not the least LOVE YOURSELF - actually this must have been my first point, if you don't love yourself, the other points are baseless.
LIFE IS A GIFT. Once you loose it, there is no way you can get it back!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
You think you know me?
Too bad Honey, I HAVE CHANGED FOR BETTER!
You think I believe that you care for me?
Too bad Honey, ASK IF I CARE!
You think I still Love you?
Too bad Honey, THINK AGAIN!
Yet, am indebted and grateful to you,
YES! For dumping me, for insulting me,
For you have shown me to LOVE myself!
I was astounded as to why,
I was so hung up on YOU!
The cold realization dawned up on me,
Late but better than NEVER!
I can blame it only on my sheer stupidity,
I was craving and starved for LOVE,
I never Loved myself back then!!!!
I was too much in Love with a selfish person,
Who couldn’t give me ONE ounce of LOVE
When my whole world revolved around you!!
I do feel cheated and betrayed,
But HEY, I blame only myself.
That ought to cool your FROZEN HEART!
You know what irks me even now?
The way you wear the ANGEL MASK!
The way you portray yourself to the world,
Of what a kind hearted soul you are??
Nay! Try your luck with some other chick!
For I have moved way far!
I did not ask for gifts, outings!
All I asked was to be LOVED BACK!
And DUHHH it took me half a decade,
To know what you really wanted.
I hardly remember the good times,
Was there just a handful?
And I almost gave up my life for you?
Sheesh what a pity!
I declare now, My LOVE is long lost.
My LOVE has failed, but not ME!
So THANK YOU for letting me GO!